You may be surprised to know that you need safe-driving insurance. Although not technically required, this form of insurance does not bill monthly or bi-annually through your insurance company. Why? Your best insurance for safe driving is high quality tires.
Although there are many different brands, the best tires are typically not found by going to your nearest tire center and purchasing the least expensive tire set. Asking a sales person for a recommendation is a good idea, however, it is best to go armed with knowledge about what you know you need.
- Do some research on your vehicle.
- Consult your car manual to see what is suggested.
- If you do not have it, another idea would be talking to your dealer to see what they typically use.
- Additionally, get recommendations for a reputable tire center in your area. Just because they are a large chain store does not mean they will automatically give you the best tire advice.
Now you’ve determined and purchased the proper tires. Don’t stop now —maintenance is important too.
Here are four simple maintenance tips to keep in mind:
- Maintain proper air pressure. (Many tire centers will check your tires and put in air for free if you purchased your tires from them!)
- Have your tires rotated and balanced at the recommended intervals.
- Not drive on old, worn tires. When they’re used, they’re used and you need to purchase a new set.
- If you have an all-wheel drive vehicle, it is important to replace all four tires. Why should you replace four tires simultaneously if you have an AWD? Because of the way these cars use their wheels individually, it is imperative that the wear-pattern match one another. Not doing so often means time, money, and lots of headache.
Despite your best efforts and having done everything recommended, you may still get stuck due to circumstances beyond your control. This can be frightening, especially in severe weather.
Safe-driving insurance doesn’t end with the operating condition of your vehicle. Keep the following items in your car in the event that you become stranded and must wait for roadside service.
Emergency Kit for Your Car
- Can opener
- Non-perishable, pre-cooked food items (think protein bars, canned fruits & veggies, instant oatmeal packets, etc…)
- Maps —No, not just the GPS. Regardless of your GPS system, something that cannot self-destruct is a backup that’s important to have. Technology is great, but it’s not a guarantee. You won’t be sorry for being prepared.
- Case of bottled water
- Mobile phone charger
- Fire extinguisher
No one wants to think they will be stranded, especially not in a brutal Utah winter. The unfortunate reality is, it can happen to any one of us. Luckily, if you follow these safe driving insurance tips, you’ll be prepared in the event the worst happens to you.
Posted in <a href="http://www.utahevanstowing.com/blog/category/emergency-roadside-assistance.php">Emergency Roadside Assistance</a>, <a href="http://www.utahevanstowing.com/blog/category/emergency-towing-companies-in-utah.php">Emergency Towing Companies in Utah</a>, <a href="http://www.utahevanstowing.com/blog/category/emergency-towing-service-in-utah.php">Emergency Towing Service in Utah</a>, <a href="http://www.utahevanstowing.com/blog/category/emergency-winter-towing.php">Emergency Winter Towing </a>, <a href="http://www.utahevanstowing.com/blog/category/safe-driving-insurance.php">Safe Driving Insurance</a>, <a href="http://www.utahevanstowing.com/blog/category/salt-lake-towing-companies.php">Salt Lake Towing Companies</a>, <a href="http://www.utahevanstowing.com/blog/category/utah-towing.php">Utah Towing</a>, <a href="http://www.utahevanstowing.com/blog/category/utah-towing-companies.php">Utah Towing Companies</a>, <a href="http://www.utahevanstowing.com/blog/category/utah-winter-insurance.php">Utah Winter Insurance</a>, <a href="http://www.utahevanstowing.com/blog/category/utah-winter-tow-trucks.php">Utah Winter Tow Trucks</a> | | 137